Equivalence of average grade of university studies carried out in foreign centers

Equivalence of average grade of university studies carried out in foreign centers

2021-10-20 16:49:14

If you have obtained a diploma at a foreign center and want to deepen your knowledge by applying for another degree in Spain, this article might be interesting to you. Sometimes, Spanish universities ask for equivalence of the scores obtained to the Spanish scoring system. And the procedure needed to be carried out will be fully explained here.

1. How to request this equivalence?

The application needs to be submitted online. The application is permanently open. But it’s recommended that you initiate the process as soon as possible.

2. What documents do I need to submit?

The process of this application is very simple.

  • First, you need to go to the online platform.
  • The form declaration of equivalence of the average grade of university academic records (Declaración de equivalencia de notas medias de estudios universitarios realizados en centros extranjeros) should be finished. You can consult the instructions here:
    • The information is derived from original the academic record and the grading scale
    • You need to add the data of grades obtained in the original scale
    • You should also include the equivalences of grades corresponding to the Spanish scale of 5-10.
  • Once the process finishes, the “declaración de equivalencia de nota media (declaration of equivalence of average grade)” can be printed out and presented to the university that requires this document.
    • Note that the document will contain a CSV (código seguro de veificación), a security verification code. The code needs to be signed and presented to the entity that requires the equivalence of the average grade.
  • This document will be reviewed by the responsible instructors of the procedures. They will validate the data included in the document:
    • The document will take effect only if it is accompanied by the original official academic certificate or a duly certified copy of it, and proper corresponding translation.

3. Additional support for the application

To complete the application, you have a bunch of assistance:

4. What else should I prepare to study in Spain?

The most important thing to prepare once the university gives you an offer is a student visa. To get the student visa, you need to contract medical insurance that fits the visa application requirements:

  • Operates in Spain
  • Full coverage, including emergencies, consultations, diagnostic tests, surgeries (inpatient and outpatient), and hospitalizations, etc
  • A minimum coverage of €30,000.00/year
  • No copayment or deductible
  • No waiting periods
  • Repatriation of remains.

As the official international office of SegurCaixa Adeslas, we want to present you with our expat insurance. This insurance is rated as the best medical insurance in Spain as well as a perfect option for visa requirements.


Equivalencia de notas medias de estudios universitarios realizados en centros extranjeros . (2021). Retrieved 20 October 2021, from https://www.educacionyfp.gob.es/servicios-al-ciudadano/catalogo/gestion-titulos/estudios-universitarios/titulos-extranjeros/equivalencia-notas-medias.html#dg1

Our contents will be updated according to the most recent legislation. Last update: 20/10/2021

Search in Blog

Subscribe to our newsletter

Subscribe to receive health tips, latest medical news, and promotions.