What insurance is required for the Visa or residency application
Based on the Organic Law 4/2000 ( by Royal Decree 557/2011) and the Law 14/2013 ( September 2013), the Spanish embassies and Ministry of Foreign Affairs requires that, to apply for one of the followings:
- Student Visa
- Investment Visa (Golden Visa)
- Non-lucrative Visa
- NIE card (the residence permit)
- Renewal of NIE card
Medical insurance with the following features needs to be presented:
- Operates in Spain
- Full coverage, including emergencies, consultations, diagnostic tests, surgeries (inpatient and outpatient), and hospitalizations, etc
- A minimum coverage of €30,000.00
- No copayment or deductible
- No waiting period
- Repatriation of remains.
Check our medical network
- A Coruña
- Ciudad Real
- La Rioja
- Las Palmas
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- A Coruña
- Ciudad Real
- La Rioja
- Las Palmas
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife
We get you covered COMPLETELY
- Family doctor.
- Pediatrics and child care.
- Nursing. Service at the surgery and at home.
Emergencies and ambulances
- 24-hour services at permanent emergency centers.
- Home assistance will be provided whenever the health of the patient so requires it.
Fast and unlimited access to our wide range of medical specialties:
- Anesthesia and reanimation
- Angiology and vascular surgery
- Digestive system
- Cardiovascular surgery
- General surgery and digestive tract surgery
- Maxillofacial surgery
- Pediatric surgery
- Plastic and reparative surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Medical-surgical dermatology
- Endocrinology and nutrition
- Hematology and chemotherapy
- Internal medicine
- Nuclear medicine
- Clinical neurophysiology
- Medical and radiotherapeutic oncology
- Rehabilitation and physiotherapy
- Traumatology and orthopedic surgery
- Clinical analysis, anatomical pathology, and cytopathology.
- General radiology.
- Other tests:
- cardiac Doppler
- High-tech tests:
- Holter monitor
- electrophysiological and therapeutic studies
- nuclear medicine
- amniocentesis and karyotypes
- magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computerized tomography (CT scan)
- CT colonography
- CT coronagraphy
- genetic testing.
- interventional diagnostic tools
Hospitalization and ICU
Patients will be hospitalized in an individual room with an accompanying bed (except in ICUs, psychiatric hospitals, and in neonatal care unit).
- Home respiratory therapy.
- Ventilation with continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) and bi-level ventilation devices (BIPAP).
- Blood and/or plasma transfusions.
- Speech therapy and phoniatry.
- Laser therapy.
- Electrothermal therapy in rehabilitation.
- Percutaneous nucleotomy.
- Haemodialysis for acute or chronic renal insufficiency.
- Radiation oncology.
- Renal lithotripsy.
- Shock-waves for musculotendinous calcifications.
20 sessions per year or 40 sessions in the case of eating disorders.
Dental care, simple extractions and an annual dental clean are covered.
- Retinography, optical coherence tomography, orthoptics, treatment of macular degeneration, or the intravít-real injection of drugs.
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Annual gynaecological check-up for the prevention of breast, endometrial and cervical cancer
- Overseeing of pregnancy and assistance at childbirth.
- Obstetric hospital admission: gynaecological treatment, midwife treatment, neonatal room.
Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy
Rehabilitation and physical therapy of the locomotive apparatus, pelvic floor rehabilitation, and cardiac rehabilitation.
- Child development.
- Annual gynecological check-up for the prevention of breast, endometrial, and cervical cancer.
- Coronary risk prevention over the age of 40.
- Annual urological check-up for prostate cancer prevention.
- Family planning.
Human Organ, Tissue and Cell Transplants
Required medical and surgical procedures for the purpose of performing an autologous bone marrow transplant or a cornea transplant, together with the corresponding administrative procedures.
Surgical Implants and Prosthesis
- Cardiovascular: pacemakers, mechanical heart valves, xenologue biology and rings for valvuloplasty, coronary stent, heart bypass prostheses.
- Osteoarticular: Internal traumatological prostheses, osteosynthesis material, and biological osteoligamentous material obtained from national tissue banks.
- Breast prosthesis and cutaneous expanders for reconstruction following a mastectomy.
- Ophthalmological: Intraocular lenses to correct aphasia following cataract surgery.
- Chemotherapy or pain treatment: implantable ports.
- Reparative implants: synthetic mesh for abdominal or thoracic reconstruction.
Second medical opinion
Request a second opinion from the best doctors in or outside of Spain for rare diseases.
Transportation of the bodily remains back to your loved ones. (Max €150,000)
- Medical, pharmaceutical and hospitalization expenses abroad.
- Emergency dental treatment expenses abroad.
- Healthcare transportation or medical repatriation.
- Expenses of returning home after hospital discharge.
- Sending a specialist abroad.
- Advance down payments for hospitalisation abroad.
- Travelling expenses of a companion.
- Accommodation and living expenses for companion of hospitalised Insured party.
- Return home expenses for companions.
- Early return home of the Insured person due to death of family member.
- Transportation or repatriation of remains.
- Accommodation and living expenses of the person accompanying remains.
- Locating lost luggage or personal effects.
- Sending items left behind during the trip.
- Loss of luggage checked in on public transport.
- Travel delays.
- Carrier’s cancellation of journey.
- Loss of personal documents.
What people love about Innoinsure
For both Visa and NIE
Meets the requirements for Visa application, NIE (residence permit) application and renewal. Trusted by 100,000 international students and immigrants. Not even one applicant was rejected because of the insurance.
With the direct insurance model, we cut out the middlemen and redundant operational expenses to offer you the lowest price in the market. We also offer special discounts that you can’t get at any other office.
We love our Customers
Being the game changer, we focus on making the use process as easy as possible. Medical appointments, authorization for a test, replacement for a lost card, or renewal of insurance, do it all with a few clicks, in your language. All responses are within 24 hours.
Finest medical resources
Medical resources in quantity : we own the largest medical network nationwide, with over 43,000 doctors and 1,200 medical centers.Medical resources in quality: we only work with the best hospitals, e.g. Hospital Quironsalud - the Royal designated hospital.
No advance payment
Forget about claiming a reimbursement! Just show your insurance card at the hospital reception, and no payment from you will be needed. All paid by us automatically.
Worldwide travel assistance
No need for additional travel insurance when traveling outside Spain. Medical and hospitalization expenses abroad, travel delays, loss of luggage, and 30+ other items are covered.
Medical staff with the greatest experience.
In 2019, We Supported our customers with
MRI and CT tests
Frequently asked questions
Anyone who holds a foreign passport or residence card who plans to come to Spain or are already in Spain can buy the expat (health) insurance.
Travel insurance usually sets a limit of maximum 3 months abroad. The expat insurance doesn’t. It offers you continuous protection no matter how long you stay in Spain.
Travel insurance only covers emergencies. The expat (health) insurance covers emergencies, medical specialties, diagnostic tests, hospitalization, ICU, rehabilitation and more.
Travel insurance does NOT meet the requirements of residency application and renewal in Spain. The expat (health) insurance does.
According to the VISA/residence application and renewal requirements, the insurance should cover your entire stay in Spain.
If you stay in Spain for more than 1 year, you can insure for 1 year and renew the insurance annually.
Expat insurance is health insurance and most health insurance in Spain insures in months, with the start date the 1st day of a month and the end date the last day of a month.
Make sure that the insurance covers your entire stay in Spain. For example, if you stay in Spain between June 2018 and April 2019, then select June 2018 as the start month and April 2019 the end month. At least a 3-month period needs to be selected.
Absolutely! We use the same payment platform that Google, Amazon, and thousands of big enterprises are using. We do NOT store your payment information on our website.
We will send you the insurance certificate and detailed terms which fully meet the Immigration and embassy requirements.
We guarantee the documents will be sent to you within 1-3 working days after completing the order.
If you need to extend your insurance, you can click on the Renew button on the Dashboard -> My Insurances, or place a new order noting the months that you’d like to add.
If you need to change the start date of the insurance, you need to email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 3 working days before the start date.
We do not normally accept cancellations. We only accept cancellations if your VISA or residency/renewal application is rejected. Just contact us indicating your policy certificate along with rejection letter and we'll take care of the rest.
In the case mentioned above, we will process the refund for all months that have not been used within the specified timeframe, generally of 1 week, depending on the case it may take longer (the time in which the money is reflected in your bank account will depend on your bank). Reimbursement costs for payments collected by third parties and fluctuations caused by the exchange rate will not be covered.
Yes, testing and treatment are covered.
The deductible is the amount paid by the policyholder before the insurance company starts to pay. Our insurance does NOT have deductibles.
A copayment is a flat fee paid by the policyholder to the hospital/clinic for a covered service. Our insurance does NOT have copayments.
A waiting period is the amount of time a policyholder must wait before some or all of their coverage comes into effect. Our insurance does NOT have a waiting period.